lørdag, januar 31, 2009

Dutch digits....

Did u know that:
- 658 million kg of cheese was made in The Netherlands in 2005
- 388 million kg exported
- 270 million kg eaten by the Dutch...
Cheese eaten per person, per year: 16.7 kg...

I'm actually trying to pack my bag, because I'm going to Norway for 3 weeks tomorrow!
While packing I found some papers with some Dutch digits, so I figured that I'll share those facts, and write a very Dutch-inspired post to the people that still read my blog:) Enjoy!:)

- 1 in 4 Dutch commutes was done by bicycle in 2007, the average distance cyclists covered per journey was 4km, taking just over 15min on average...

- 80% of the Dutch have at least one bicycle

- Number of bikes: 13.197,000!!

- The Netherlands has at least 15.000 km of cycle paths...

- Altogether, the Dutch covered more than 14 billion km by bicycle in 2005, an average of 2.5km per person per day:)


- The average dutch people are tall! average hight for men are 1.81 and women 1.68...

- In Holland: 479 p'ple per km2, Australia: 2.7 p'ple per km2!

- Dutch people marry late! Women: 32.7, men 35,8...

- 400km of traffic jams clogging Dutch roads every weekday

- €664.31 million is spent by the Dutch per year on dog and cat food.....

Well, guess what... now you know a bit more about the Dutchies;)

3 kommentarer:

Torill sa...

Hoho, artige facts!
Er faktisk i Stvg nå, kjente jeg ble litt skuffa når du ikke vare her denne helga... Men men, på mandag er det tilbake til Bergen. Jeg skal ikke klage, har hatt mange herlige dager her hjemme nå.

Nyt Norgesferien din :D

Klem klem!

Kay Amund sa...

Tru ej må kjøpe mej sykkel:P
Ej e lavere ennn en Gj.snitt nederlansk mann!
Men he no ialle fall nokken år på mej, i forhold til snitt.alderen for giftemål:P hehe!

Gle oss til du kjøme til Oslo!
Klem

faith sa...

My my my my!!! The statistics are crazy, especially with the bikes! My town has so many bikes but not this many, ah!!!
how are u, my dear? savner deg.
How is it in Oslo now?